Dr. Lori wants you to be thrilled with your treatment, so her pricing is ALL-INCLUSIVE, which means that she will choose the correct dosage in order to achieve the exact look you are desiring. She will adjust and customize your dosage as much as necessary dURING YOUR 3-MONTHS without charging you for “touch-ups”. Any necessary touch-ups for neuromodulators are included in your initial pricing, so you will never be “nickel and dimed” to death just because you have stronger muscles in some areas requiring extra units of product! tHE DURATION OF YouR RESULTS IS DOSE-DEPENDENT, SO dR. lORI WILL ADJUST YOUR DOSAGE FOR RESULTS WHICH LAST AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. yoU will always know exactly how to budget for your treatments!
Enhance your natural beauty.
“From the appointment through the outcome, everything was splendid. I’m so happy with the results of my first Dysport treatment”
Dr. Lori King MD has more than 25 years experience in Family Medicine. She is an experienced injector and has been injecting Botox®, Dysport®, and Hyaluronic Acid fillers for over 15 years. She personally does all consultations, injections, and follow-ups and enjoys helping her clients look and feel their best!
Neurotoxins and Fillers
If you’ve ever seen one of those wrinkle time-lapse videos — on TV or on line — then you know how scary it can be to watch a face age.
Even more disconcerting is waking up one morning, taking a glance in the mirror, and seeing what looks like “instant aging” — lines and wrinkles that seem to appear overnight.
The truth is, no matter how you view it — quick time or real time — eventually everyone’s face wrinkles and ages.
How well you limited sun exposure and cared for your skin from a young age makes a difference in the speed and severity of wrinkle formation, but there are still certain inevitable changes that are going to take place.
As scary as this sounds, knowing what to expect can help you take steps to reduce or delay the impact of facial aging – including wrinkles — and take control of how the years unfold.
Equally important is not trying to cut corners by getting treatments in nonmedical facilities. Instead, always seek out the care and advice of a medical doctor before embarking on any professional anti-aging treatments.
To help you safely get started on your journey to the fountain of youth, several experts prepared a timeline for how the face ages and what you can do, both on your own and with the help of your doctor, every step of the way.
What Are Cosmetic Injectables?
- Are you a happy person with a sad or angry face?
- Are you a well-rested person who looks tired?
Cosmetic injectables may be for you!!
Cosmetic injectables have been used safely for decades reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and help turn back the hands of time. Dr. Lori utilizes two types of cosmetic injectables for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles and volume loss in the face:
Hyaluronic acid formulations – During the normal facial aging process, there is a gradual loss of collagen in our skin, loss of fat below our skin, and downward migration of the fat pads in our face. Products such as Restylane®, Juvéderm®, and Versa® add immediate volume to the face, thereby filling areas where volume has been lost and restoring the youthful “heart shaped” facial shape or full, beautiful lips that we all enjoyed when we were young! Improvement is immediate and long lasting! This is the best “quick fix” if you have an event coming up very soon!
Neuromodulators – Dysport®, Botox®, and Jeuveau® relax muscle contractions to smooth the skin. This prevents the repeated contraction of muscles in the face that cause wrinkles in unwanted places. These products are commonly used to prevent and treat wrinkles in the glabella, also known as the “11’s” between the eyebrows, crowsfeet, and horizontal lines across the forehead. Neuromodulators can also be used to lift the eyebrows, enhance the upper lip, and several other off-label uses. Relaxing the facial muscles in strategic ways allows Dr. Lori to give you a more natural, youthful, rested appearance without having a frozen face.
Wrinkles Frequently Asked Questions
Various wrinkles may share the common attribute of making you look older than you feel, but not all wrinkles are the same. The team at Timarron Aesthetic Center offers anti-wrinkle injections such as Dysport, Botox, and Jeuveau, specifically formulated to treat moderate to severe wrinkles caused by muscle contractions, such as:
- Frown lines between the brows
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Forehead lines and wrinkles
If you have wrinkles caused by other sources, including sun damage or gravity, the team at Timarron Aesthetic Center may recommend other treatments in conjunction with neuromodulators, such as dermal fillers, Pixel resurfacing, ResurFX, Radiofrequency Microneedling, or custom Jan Marini medical grade skin care.
When you smile, squint, or concentrate, certain facial muscles contract beneath your skin. Over time, the temporary lines that appear during these facial expressions become etched on your face in the form of wrinkles.
Cosmetic injectables such as Dysport, Botox, and Jeuveau temporarily relax the muscles responsible for these contractions. As a result, the muscles are maintained in a resting state and the skin is not creased in the same place repeatedly, so the wrinkles smooth out.
Dysport, Botox, and Jeuveau all contain slightly different chemical variations of the botulinum toxin protein. If the thought of injecting a toxin in your face makes you nervous, don’t worry. These medicines are highly purified and carefully formulated to meet strict medical standards and have been used for over 30 years for many medical diagnoses including migraines, contractures in pediatric and adult patients with cerebral palsy, torticollis, and hyperhidrosis.
When Dr. Lori injects a small amount of one of these medicines into very strategic locations on your face, the underlying muscles stop contracting. This leads to temporary wrinkle reduction that lasts three to four months, depending on the medicine.
Your visit to Timarron Aesthetic Center begins with a comprehensive consultation. Dr. Lori will evaluate your skin and discuss your specific concerns, your dreams and goals, your budget, and your timeline. Are we working towards a goal of looking great for a special event, starting early on wrinkle prevention, or treating existing cosmetic concerns? Then, she will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each type of cosmetic injectable so you can make an informed decision.
Dysport®, Botox®, and Jeuveau® treatments take only 15 minutes and require no downtime for recovery. You can pop into Timarron Aesthetic Center on your lunch break and head right back to work!
You should begin to see results within a week, depending on the type of injection you get. Optimal results appear about 2 weeks after treatment. Dr. Lori will do a follow up consultation in 2 weeks in order to assess the results of the treatment and make sure that you are thrilled with the results. There is never a charge for touch-ups of Dysport®, Botox®, or Jeuveau®. Dr. Lori wants you to be thrilled with your natural results!
Side effects are mild and typically fade within a day or two. The most common side effects are injection site reactions like discomfort, swelling, bleeding, or bruising. Less common side effects may include headache, temporary vision problems, drooping of an eyelid. These usually resolve between 2-12 weeks.
- Neuromodulators and fillers are safe and have few side effects. The most common complications are injection site reactions including bleeding, bruising, pain, swelling, and redness. Rare side effects can include but not limited to drooping of eyelid, double vision, and headache. Side effects are temporary, usually last 2-4 weeks but usually resolve by 3 months.
- The choice of the filler is important and Dr Lori has years of experience choosing the right fillers for you.
- Equally important is not trying to cut corners by getting treatments in nonmedical facilities. Instead, always seek out the care and advice of an experienced physician before embarking on any professional anti-aging treatments. At Timarron Aesthetic Center, Dr. Lori is an experienced injector with 15+ years experience and she is proud to say that she personally performs all injections at Timarron Aesthetic Center.
Dr. Lori wants you to be thrilled with your treatment, so her pricing is “all-inclusive”, which means that you tell her which areas you would like treated and she will choose the correct dosing to help you achieve the look you are desiring. She will adjust and customize your dosage as much as needed without charging you for “touch-ups”. Any necessary touch-ups in neromodulators are included in your pricing, so you will not get nickel and dimed to death just because you have stronger muscles in some areas requiring extra units of products! You will always know exactly how to budget for your treatments!
Dysport®, Botox®, and Jeuveau® are priced by the area:
- Eyes (crow’s feet)
- Eyebrow Lift
- Lower facial treatments
Dysport®, Juvederm®, and Versa® Fillers are charged by the 1cc syringe.
(touch-ups are not free for fillers because you are purchasing a single use syringe that cannot be divided or reused at a later date)
What type of wrinkles do fillers treat?
- While neuromodulators treat wrinkles caused by movement and contraction of muscles, the Hyaluronic Acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, and Versa treat wrinkles caused by loss of volume. During the normal facial aging process, there is a gradual loss of collagen and elastin in our skin, loss and downward migration of fat below our skin, and loss of bone structure in our face. These all lead to sagging, drooping, flattening, and folding of the skin of the face and jowls.
- The effects of normal aging include:
- Loss of volume in midface (or cheeks)
- Sad appearing eyes with prominent “tear troughs”
- Prominent folding in the nasolabial area
- “Smile lines” around the mouth
- Loss of volume in lips
- Loss of tone and texture in our skin
- Because of this, our previously full faces with high cheeks begin to migrate downward which leads to an imbalanced appearance in which there is more volume in the lower face than in the upper face. This leads to the appearance of fatigue and aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid Products such as Restylane, Juvéderm, and Versa add immediate volume to the face, thereby filling areas where volume has been lost and strategically restoring the youthful “heart shaped” facial shape or full beautiful lips that we all enjoyed when we were young! Improvement is immediate and long lasting! This is the best “quick fix” if you have an event coming up very soon!
Are you ready to discuss injectables?
Dr. Lori King invites patients in and around the Southlake area to schedule a consultation appointment and learn about cosmetic solutions that can help them achieve their goals. Let Dr. Lori help get you safely started on your journey to the fountain of youth. If you want to discuss the possibilities of injectable treatments for aging skin, contact her today by calling 817.796.5115 to set up a free consultation or schedule an appointment here.